3 3 10
• Hundred Acre Hideaway is an award-winning business accredited with the Tourism Industry Council Tasmania.
• The retreat offers seclusion and privacy with the unique opportunity to soak in spring fed hot tubs, whilst enjoying breath-taking elevated views out to the Southern Ocean that include the renowned Cloudy Bay Beaches.
• There are three premium quality residences each fully self-contained offering complete comfort all with their own unique design & supporting a generous income stream.
• The managers or main residence is set within a fenced compound for privacy, with outdoor fire bath, fire pit & entertaining area
• Sustainable living with all electricity manufactured onsite.
• Surrounded by South Bruny National Park and neighbouring Inala Nature Tours.
• The property holds a commercial water licence as well as riparian rights to pristine spring-fed water.
• 8Ha cleared land is divided into 4 irrigated paddocks, as well as grazing stock this fertile land supports agricultural enterprises such as pepper berries.
• There are 5 walking trails, 2 creeks, a completely enclosed 12mx18m prize winning vegetable garden with a second established 4x8m netted garden with orchard + a dam as well as a 4 hole golf course.
• This remarkable property includes a double carport, machinery shed, storage studio, utility area, hay shed with two stable/barn shelters and chook pen.
Hundred Acre Hideaway hot-tub retreat is an award-winning business accredited with the Tourism Industry Council Tasmania. Visitors to magnificent Bruny Island are drawn to the seclusion and privacy of this accommodation and the unique opportunity to soak in spring fed hot tubs, whilst enjoying breath-taking elevated views out to the Southern Ocean that include the renowned Cloudy Bay Beaches.
Three premium quality residences each fully self-contained offer complete comfort each with their own unique design and all including open plan living/kitchen/dining with wood heaters. Two 250kg gas bottles provide instant hot water as well as power for cooking and fridges in the three dwellings. The managers or main residence is set within a fenced compound for privacy, with outdoor fire bath and fire pit.
This property is sustainable living at its best, there are no electricity, water or sewerage bills with all electricity manufactured onsite via 3000kw of north facing solar panels that feed into a new bank of 12 batteries. An inverter then transforms the stored energy into usable 240v power. A solar shed holds an automatic back-up inverter and there is 8.5 KVA auto back-up generator and a new sewerage treatment system was installed in 2016.
Environmental lifestyle properties offering business opportunity on this scale are rare. Totalling over 97 acres, South Bruny National Park surrounds this premium location with the property featuring a Blackwood forest, man fern glens, tea tree valley and white and blue gum forests that are the home and breeding ground for the Swift parrot. Home also to all 12 Tasmanian endemic bird species, the property neighbours the world renown Inala Nature Tours.
Amongst the stunning rainforest on the acreage is a permanent spring-fed-creek and this provides unlimited pure water. The property holds a commercial water licence as well as riparian rights to this pristine water. Two 24,000 litre water tanks gravity feed to the homes with four wallaby proofed fenced paddocks supplied with self-watering troughs.
A unique feature are two hot tubs designed in the style of a Japanese wooden 'ofuro' bath, deep with steep sides. The term means "mind like water" or being relaxed and in the flow of life. The highly insulating properties of the western red cedar tubs will store the heat for many hours and outdoor bathing in hot water provides a unique contrast between the crisp night air and hot therapeutic mountain water, a truly relaxing experience and ancient tradition practised for centuries.
This property is much more than an off-grid private and secluded luxury accommodation experience! Recently a flock of Suffolk Ewe sheep were successfully bred and sold at market reaching a premium price.
A dam features a flock of rare breed poultry. These birds are part of the Rare Breed Breeding Program raising large, healthy and flavour full poultry for high end restaurants such as The Glasshouse.
Eight hectares (20 acres) of cleared land is divided into the four irrigated paddocks and a portable electric solar fence can be used to create an extra three paddocks. As well as grazing stock, this fertile land could support agricultural enterprises such as blueberries or olives.
Five walking trails have been established, one of which is a wild harvest native pepper berry forest that grows along the creek line and is harvested each February, these pepper berries have featured in the Bruny Island Beer Co. ales.
In addition to walking trails and the joy of the abundant native wildlife fun activities on the property include a 4 hole bush golf course and evening entertainment is just as exhilarating soaking in steaming spring water watching the Milky Way blaze across the southern sky with the Aurora Australis also a spectacular sight!
A 12m x 18m prize winning vegetable garden was recently created as part of the MONA Victory Gardens challenge. The completely enclosed and netted garden features 5x18m long beds and contains 41 different vegetables, herbs and trees with a second established 4x8m netted garden and orchard also offering an abundance of fresh produce.
This remarkable property includes a double carport, machinery shed, storage studio, utility area, hay shed with two stable/barn shelters and chook pen.
Bruny Island itself offers many attractions all of which are easily accessible from this prime location. Iconic Cloudy Bay surf beach and South Bruny National Park are conveniently less than 10 mins drive.
This environmental accommodation development established in 2013 is offered for sale 'walk-in, walk-out'. The proven impressive past income stream offers a way of life 'like no other' and the sale of the property includes a professionally designed website with booking engine.
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable. However we cannot guarantee its accuracy and interested persons should rely on their own enquiries.